Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bhangra





Bhangra is the dance of Punjab region of India. It reflects the history of Punjab. Bhangra began as a part of harvest festival celebration. Bhangra is also performed on all the occasions such as parties, weddings etc. It shows the colorful culture of Punjab. The music for Punjabi Bhangra is Punjabi boliyan lyrics. Musical instruments for Bhangra are dhol drum which is played during Bhangra at least by one person. Other persons can play flute, dholak drum or other musical instruments. It is a group dance.



This is one of my favourite dance from my culture. I love to see people doing Bhangra and I myself love to perform it. I like the colorful outfits which the persons wear when they perform it.When i perform bhangra dance i feel totally lost in it.The instruments which the use while dancing make the dance more enjoyable. This is not a soft dance it needs alltos of energy to perform.Now a days, it is getting modernized and it is becoming more and more popular. I enjoy it more when it is performed on folk music.



The music of bhangra still evolves today, incorporating elements of many different kind of music around the world, while existing in its traditional form.To know more about bhangra dance watch basic steps of it in this video.

1 comment: